Today, we are going to talk about How to host someone on twitch. Let’s know something about twitch first. Nowadays, Video games are interesting and cool thing. They bring us together and gives us happiness. Also, it teaches us about perseverance and problem-solving.
Welcome to the five-year-old website Twitch.tv, which has about 10 million people visiting every day to watch strangers their video gameplay online. Twitch presents its platform as a type of social platform for gamers, and Twitch claims that over 2 million users are doing tutorials related gaming, tournaments and even talk shows, not only streaming their video game experience to others. Now let’s come to today’s topic. Today, we made an article for all of you to learn about Twitch host mode and how to host someone on Twitch.
How Twitch Host Mode Works
With Twitch host mode in your chat room, you should type the username of the channel which one you want to host on the chat. In such a case, you need to switch/host on your chat. And, your members will watch the content or broadcast from the channel which is hosting by you.
However, using this Twitch Host mode you can host one channel only at a time and maximum of three channels within 30 minutes. If you want to turn off this Twitch host mode then just type /unhost into your chat.
How To Host Someone on Twitch
Twitch Auto Hosting mode:
Auto hosting on twitch is the most perfect and used method to host other gamers or streamers. When you will add so many channels on your twitch to a special list, You also achieve this. Then when you are offline, your channel will automatically select channels from the list. Channels can be selected randomly or in order.
Check Also: How to Hide Last Seen Status On WhatsApp?
If you want to set up your twitch auto hosting mode, you have to open your Twitch channel’s settings, turn auto hosting mode on, and then add those channels which you want to host on Twitch.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to follow and learn how to host someone on Twitch:
- The very first step is that you have a twitch account and you must log in to your Twitch account and then go to the Dashboard.
- And then just open that channel which you want to host and copy its username.
- And the next step is to go back to your own Twitch channel and click on the chatbox.
- After this step, you have to enter that channel’s username you are going to host on the Twitch and then write /host. Press the enter button for a chat.
- You should refresh that channel page which you are going to use to host your content.
Note: Just type /unhost in the same chat box when you want to unhost that channel from your twitch, and then do the same press the chat button. Now it will help you to uninstall that channel.
Hosting via the twitch app
iOS and android platform’s apps can also help you with hosting someone on twitch. Then just open to the selected channel (you want to host), you will get a gear icon. And then just click on that gear icon, you will get a drop-down box. You have to select the HOST option from the drop-down box and you are done.
Advantages and disadvantages of hosting someone on twitch
Hosting someone else’s stream is totally optional. It is not compulsory for hosting someone that you should be an active member of this twitch community. However, there are several reasons why hosting someone on twitch is a good idea.
- This allows you and your viewers or audience to watch your favorite broadcasters and events on your Twitch channel.
- The Twitch hosting mode helps users move forward with the latest networking concepts. It enhances communication between viewers and broadcasters while promoting healthy relationships.
- You can promote content that you like, and showcase yourself to the audience from the new side.
- This is a perfect way if you want to finish your own stream. In general, most streamers ask viewers to check other streamer’s channels to host others at the end of their show. This is called ‘raiding’ and is a widely practiced practice.
- Your distant message is always hidden when you are hosting someone else. Because your channel is playing the content which you are hosting. So, it can happen that you have to type your message somewhere else.
- A major problem for hosting someone on Twitch is that you cannot select a game or theme. You can choose only users. So, you can not control on the content which is played by other streamers. If you want two different types of audiences, it can hurt you badly. In some cases, you will lose your audience.
If you’ve heard about the new Twitch feature host mode, you should be mesmerized by what it can do. This mode allows you to stay connected to your community on Twitch even when you are offline. Then, you can take advantage of this feature to promote your favorite channels and add content to your channel. If you have any questions about this article, please comment below.